Kansas City Veterinary Care’s boarding facility offers your pet a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay while you are away from home.
Our facilities are designed to offer spacious accommodations for a wide variety of pets including dogs, cats, and exotics. Plus we offer several services and activities intended to enhance your pet’s boarding stay by keeping them more active and entertained.
Loving, trained kennel staff - all of our kennel staff love working with, and caring for, our boarders. Every boarder is treated with an enormously high level of compassion, no matter what his/her needs might be. We love to play and interact with your pet daily. Additionally, we train each member of our team to always be on the lookout for any behavioral or medical problems that might arise while you are away. Any issues that arise are promptly treated by our veterinary staff on site.
• Walks - each day every dog is taken for at least two walks, once during our morning shift and once during our evening shift. Each walk lasts approximately 10-15 minutes.
• Playtime/Extra Walks - for an additional fee, playtime may be purchased for your dog. Each day, for an allotted time, we take small groups of dogs to our play area and let everybody enjoy a good romp! Each playtime is supervised by at least one kennel attendant and we provide lots of toys and interaction! We understand that some pets might be a little shy or unable to handle playtime, so we also offer extra walks in lieu of group playtime.
• Baths - though not every dog necessarily appreciates it, we offer three kinds of baths: regular, medicated, and shedless. Each bath includes a toe-nail trim, anal gland expression, and an ear cleaning performed by our trained kennel staff.
• Comfortable and spacious runs - we have a wide variety of run sizes available to offer greater comfort and more room to be more active to any size dog and/or multiple dogs boarding together. Each run is cleaned twice a day and each boarder is provided with a soft, clean blanket and a fresh bowl of water after each cleaning.
• Treats - since we all love dogs in the kennel, we keep a bucket of treats downstairs and hand them out often! Our treats are specifically approved by a veterinarian to be given in the kennel; however, we understand that some dogs have certain allergy and/or diet restrictions. We’re always sad when we can’t hand out a treat, but we offer lots of pets and love instead. Additionally, we encourage owners to bring in your own treats, especially in cases where diet or allergies may be an important consideration.
• Toys - being away from home can be stressful and sometimes a little extra distraction can really help. Squeaky toys, ropes, and tennis balls are just a few of the toys we keep in the kennel to help distract and entertain our boarders during their stay with us. Furthermore, if you know your pet has a favorite toy or blanket from home, we welcome personal items in the kennel. Please be aware, however, pets sometimes play with things differently when away from home, so we cannot always guarantee your items will be returned in the same condition as you brought them.
For the health and safety of all of our boarders and other pets staying with us we require all dogs be current on the following vaccinations:
• Distemper/Parvovirus/Adenovirus/Parainfluenza (DA2P-P)
• Canine Influenza Virus (both H3N8 and H3N2 strains)
• Fecal test for parasites
If you have had your pet vaccinated at another clinic, you may simply have them fax over your pet’s records or bring a copy in with you when you are ready to drop your pet off. We can also of course update your pet on any vaccinations needed during his/her stay. Please note: if your pet is older than 16 weeks of age and has never been vaccinated for DA2P-P, Bordetella, or Canine Influenza, or records are not available, a second booster will be required 3-4 weeks after the initial vaccination.
Special Needs Boarding
Have a pet with a chronic health condition (i.e. diabetes), a pet with special dietary restrictions and/or an older pet that may require additional care? Our exceptional staff at KCVC is more than capable of handling a variety of special needs that your pet may have. Additionally, our boarding facilities are flexible enough to handle almost any pet’s needs. We do ask that if you know your pet has a special need that you inform us ahead of time so that we may be better prepared to serve you and your pet in a more efficient manner. Also, our online Pet Portal service offers a fast and convenient way to let us know about any concerns and/or instructions you wish to include for your pet during his/her stay with us.
We also provide boarding services for a wide variety of exotic pets including amphibians, reptiles, rabbits, birds, ferrets and rodents. Due to the exotic nature of these pets, we do ask that you call ahead of time so that we may ensure we have the proper facilities available to board your pet.
Due to limited space, we do recommend calling ahead for a boarding reservation for any pet. Holiday seasons can be especially full, so in order to guarantee space for your pet, we recommend calling at least two weeks in advance. Reservations may be phoned in or requested via e-mail (please note, e-mail reservations are not confirmed until you have received a call from us).
Sunday and Holiday Pick-Up Times
You may of course pick up your pet anytime during our normal business hours, but the clinic is closed on Sundays and for holidays and we cannot release pets outside of our normal hours. However, each Sunday and holiday period we have a special pick-up time from 4:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. in which you may check out your pet. Sunday/Holiday pick-ups must be prearranged and have an additional fee.
We at KCVC strive to offer your pet the best boarding services possible. You may call anytime with any questions and are welcome to tour our facilities upon request. We look forward to serving you and your pet! Thanks for trusting KCVC with your precious pet!